Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tooth woes

Another rite of passage...a root canal. Had my first one today. These are things my parents have done. But now I too have entered the realm of multiple dental appointments and thousands of dollars spent on preserving those pearly whites. The brochure the dentist gave me said teeth are meant to last a lifetime. If that's the case, then why do they all start rotting away and needing so much work to save them? I think teeth were designed back when our lifetime was much shorter. Oh well, once my tooth is finished being reconstructed, it's just about guaranteed to last the rest of my lifetime, lucky me! Thing is, my mouth hurts more right now than it did before he started poking and prodding. Good thing we're going to a wine tasting tonight, hopefully that'll help numb the pain.

On a more exciting mommy note, Caroline just went down for her nap without screaming for close to an hour. In fact, she fussed for less than 5 minutes and remained horizontal while doing so. This is HUGE! Now that it's getting cold out I can' t leave her to freeze in the car for naps, so I knew I'd have to conquer this, and seems we've almost done it. This will be a great help to me and anyone who watches her. I figure I now have an hour and a half to myself, wow! Huge! I guess I'll work on the holiday card and maybe order some Christmas presents. I could work on my resume, but I think that will wait until a day when I have less tooth pain. Okay, so now I'm nervous because Caroline went down so easily that I want to go check on her...she's fine, chest is rising and falling nicely. Neurotic? slightly perhaps but I know lots of us mommies do this, daddies too....

Going to go do some work of some sort.

I've posted some fall photos of Caroline since I've finally discovered how to do this. Enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home