Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oh, what a beautiful morning...

Caroline slept until 645AM! And I went to bed long before midnight! (I actually fell asleep while watching Ocean's 13 with Jamie). Nothing like a solid nights sleep to start your Saturday off right. Of course, since Caroline slept well, Moxie decided she'd wake us in the night for a peepee outing. Luckily I remained groggy enough to go right back to sleep and Jamie let her out.

Yesterday Caroline and I had a quite day mostly at home, getting things done. We'd had a very social week which is always lots of fun but meant I didn't have a chance to tend to paperwork and phoning. We had the carpets on our stairs cleaned which is always such a good feeling, but it meant I was sequestered to the main floor of the house (an excuse not to do laundry!). But there was plenty to do downstairs, which included a 20 min nap while Caroline was asleep in the car. I had attempted to go meet some mommies at the mall, but as soon as I got over the bridge and on to 95, Caroline was out. so home we came.

I am back in to cooking which is lots of fun. Yesterday I decided I'd make some carrot ginger soup. (I have a 10lb bag of organic carrots I purchased at Costco a few weeks ago). It was so easy! I threw everything in the crock pot and let it cook for several hours. And then this morning I just blended it all and voila! I have two quarts of yummy soup, or at least I hope it's yummy. I tend to stray from the recipe a little, blending two or adding a little of this or that. So we'll see. I stayed on course for the most part, I just added one small potato to thicken the soup a little and make it a bit more substantial since carrots and onions by themselves are not a very filling meal.

Now it is 745AM, and Jamie will soon be done with his therapeutic massage in Westport. I discovered this wonderful Thai man named Samsok (actually Angela told us about him). I sent Jamie once as a birthday present and now he's hooked. Anyway, I don't mind because he'll stop and get me a yummy latte from Starbucks on the way home...I can't wait! Later today we're meeting a new babysitter for weekend nights, which is SO EXCITING! and then perhaps some holiday shopping. I think tonight I might make some chili, since I'm on this kick now. We'll see...

time to go change a morning diaper...not so fun, but easier to do on a full nights sleep : )

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2007 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Jen said...

YAY for Caroline! Glad she slept well for you last night. Good luck with the sitter! Enjoy the weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home