Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Wow! I just managed to set up my blog acocunt-so cool. I'm a blogger now! It's scary that at 31 I am behind the times, in so many ways. But now, I've joined the ranks of younger, and older folks, who are way more hip and techonologically advanced than me.



Caroline is fast asleep in the car. Yes, I leave my child in the car when she falls asleep. It's the only way I can get things done, and thanks to Global Warming I should have several more weeks where I can do this. I've gone so far as to get a monitor for the garage so that I can hear her if she wakes up. See, I'm not a bad mommy.



We went to Jamie's office to show off Caroline's 2nd halloween costume >Last week she was a lady bug, today a ballerina. She had lots of fun running back and forth in the sales office, and eating Grandpa's pear. Her Aunt Mary even had some Halloween treats for her. What a lucky girl.



I got my treat at the Starbucks drive thru in Woodbridge on the way home. A light java chip frappuchino. I decided I'd have this instead of any Halloween candy today. And the sad part is that the limited caffeine from this drink had the same effect on me as a double espresso might have on others. So my fingers are stumbling over each other and my mind is working 3 times as fast. I guess I'm also on a high with "free time".



What's there to say right now...



Life is good. It scares me to say this, bad things usually happen when I say this, but I have to keep saying it because it's true and when bad things don't happen it changes my assumptions.

Mom is doing really well, she's gotten a very good report back from her post-treatment CT scan, and may not even need radiation. This is fantastic news! Thanks to all of you who've been thinking of her, praying and sending good thoughts.



Caroline is superb. Each day is better than the previous one. She is such a love. And funny too. I'm really having fun and feeling so grateful to be at home with her right now. (It only took me a year to stop feeling guilty!)



We're enjoying swimming lessons and a music/sign language class. Caroline enjoys both immensely. We now have a wonderful babysitter, Carrie, who comes and watches Caroline for a few hours twice a week, and this is giving me a much needed break. I've managed to tackle some projects that have been weighing heavily for quite some time. I have a few more to go, but I'm making progress. And boy does it feel good. I will admit I've spent too much of my "mommy time" running to Target to buy or return things. I think this might be a part time job for Mommies-the buying and returning of items at Target. Well, I'm quitting. With all of you as my witnesses, I am not going to set foot into a Target for the month of November....okay, there I go with my all or nothing thinking again, how about I won't set foot in Target for a week, and will not buy anything that might need to be returned. NO RETURNS! But the beauty of returns is that when the credit card bill comes, it looks like I've earned us money, rather than spent it. Although the debit section is always greater than the credit section. Oh well. I try ; ) Oh...I guess on my list of stores to refrain from shopping at, I better include Baby Gap. But it's so hard to resist. Have you seen their sales?! Clothes for less than $10, and then I get these coupons in the mail (mind you the coupons are rewards points for spending so much money on my Gap card, but who's counting?)

Okay, so maybe less shopping next month, and more writing and reading and exercise, if I can remember what that is. I do have a gym membership, but I've been hesitant to put Caroline in the daycare there, and it intimidates me. So instead I pay them monthly on the off chance I might get up the courage to go on my own. I did go last week. to a yoga class. it was pretty good except I wasn't in a peaceful serene place, instead I kept thinking about what it would be like to bring Caroline and put her in the daycare, and about how out of shape I am. Needless to say, I might need to work on quieting my mind a little....



Since my child is still sleeping (yes, in the car) I will go do something else productive...laundry!



I'll post some pictures of Caroline in her costume once I get them....promise!



Wishing you all a Happy Halloween!

1 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Hi Sarah-
I love your blog! Glad to share the adventures of motherhood/toddlerhood with you. You are such a great friend.

Love,
Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home