Sunday, November 18, 2007

What does the cow say?

Today, Caroline responded to this question for the first time! It was such an exciting moment. Jamie and I were shopping in Babystyle, a trendy baby clothing and toy store in the Westchester mall. There was a large cuddly cow that I showed to Caroline, and then, like a programmed robot, I said, "and what does the cow say...moo" I always answer because until now, she hasn't. Then she looked up, not at either of us, but just up from whatever she was doing, and said "mmmmm" which sure seemed like her version of moo. I looked across the store to Jamie who looked back at me and we nodded, it was her version of moo! How exciting! The store was too crowded for us to really get excited, but once we were out on the veranda, we asked her again, and again she said "mmm..." It just warmed my heart. I have had to refrain from asking her repeatedly for the rest of the day, but we have practiced several times since the Mall.... I guess there's something about The Westchester Mall for us, it is where I discovered Caroline's first tooth as well. Perhaps her first sentance will be formed there too, no doubt something like, "I want that!"

We had a great weekend, just being a family, doing things together without any stress. Yesterday we spent a long time browsing the aisles at Wild Oats in Norwalk, getting all sorts of yummy organic food for all of us. And we met Michelle, our new babysitter, who will watch Caroline on the occasional Friday or Saturday night that we go out. Today was the Westchester where Jamie and I each managed to find some new shoes, and we got Caroline a Thanksgiving dress and a few holiday gifts. It was probably the longest Jamie and I have spent inside a mall shopping, ever. We're not really shoppers. I wish I were, there are so many nice clothes, and shoes, and lotions and potions but I just never have the energy to look through it all, not before Caroline or after. But it's fun to look.

Hard to believe Thanksgiving is in a few days. I'm grateful to have a year off from hosting it. It's allowing me the energy to focus on Christmas. Although we haven't done much, but at least I'm thinking about it. This year we will head to Rhinebeck NY to stay at an Inn and dine at my father's first cousin's home with her family. My first cousins will be there too, so it'll be a fun chance to connect with lots of family, and provide a mini-vacation too.

One of these days I'll figure out how to post photos of Caroline, but honestly I dont' have any new ones to post. This is one of my holiday weekend goals. we'll see...

Dinner is almost ready, so I should sign off for now....

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2007 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Jen said...

Sarah-
There is something magical about the Westchester mall!

Jen

 
At November 21, 2007 at 7:00 AM , Blogger mccashew said...

YAY Caroline!!!

Found you through Ryan's blog... KEEP WRITING SARAH!

I love the Caroline updates...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home